With a bit of free holiday time, I thought, why not post the largest model kit I've been involved in the construction of? I really don't know why I didn't post it before. Mainly built by my father, a good more than 10 years ago, but my and my brother we did help in various parts, painting never ending grey bits, building and painting the figures, helping holding things to be glued together, and the myriad of doubts a kit of this size brings about.
After it's completion, we got two Dapol trams, and we converted them as best we could into the would be german electric locomotives. Sounds incredible but it was indeed just towed around by that, at least in short distances, like aiming, as it could not aim by any other way than building a round train section, and going round it :) .
The later figures are slightly on the bigger side, which only shows the ridiculously gigantic proportions of this epic beast. The Thor is dwarfed to a ridiculous size at it's side!
It was even, fitted with air tube to realy shoot it's shells, but I can't remember if we did a video of it, so maybe for a later post.
Thursday, August 6, 2026
DORA Railway cannon Trumpeter 1/72 huge WW2 gun largest in history
Labels:
1/72,
conversion,
dapol,
dora,
germany,
gun,
huge,
model kit,
painted,
railway cannon,
train,
trumpeter,
world war two,
ww2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment